We Are Better Together!
A team is four (4) or more people on a mission to make a difference through their fundraising! Teams strengthen the FSHD community by connecting a group of people who are passionate about curing FSHD!
The Walk & Roll to Cure FSHD is for everyone. Participants walk, run and roll along the designated route; it is not a race and everyone is encouraged to go at their own pace. Anyone can be a part of this great community event.
Visit our Team Captain Page to get all the tips and resources you'll need!
Teams can be:
- Friends and Family Focus: Friends and family teams often walk to support a loved one affected by FSHD, or they come together simply to enjoy a special experience and support a great cause!
- Corporate Focus: Corporate teams are connected to a company and are usually made up of employees and their friends and family. A wonderful way to boost morale and build camaraderie, get your co-workers away from their desks, and out in the community!
As a team captain for the Walk & Roll, you are not just building a team, you're building momentum that will power us to treatments and a cure by 2025! By being on a team, not only will you raise more funds collectively, you also raise more funds individually due to the support, encouragement, and competition from team members. Fundraising and preparation all become easier with a group to support you!
- Set a team goal– Every team and every individual can set a fundraising goal. Team captains can champion their teams record high numbers of participants and dollars raised. Set a goal that aligns with our goal of treatments to families by 2025; encourage each team member to ask 20 friends for 25 dollars! (That's $500 for each team member!)
- Ask - The most effective way to fundraise is to simply ask the people you know. Asking for donations may feel intimidating at first, but once you get past your first “ask,” it gets easier. Ask in person, write letters, post to social media, or send emails. Always remember, you are not asking for you, you are inviting people to be a part of something amazing - bringing treatments and a cure to FSHD families!
- Personalize Your Page - Everyone who registers receives a free fundraising page; team members are automatically linked together. While the template is nice, personalized is better. Share your unique reasons for participating and then share your personal and team page via email and on social media to watch your thermometer rise!
- Rally the Team - Brainstorm a fun team name. Plan coordinating fun t-shirts, hats or accessories. Wear buttons or stickers to honor the ones you're fundraising for. Team activities are a great way to build team pride. Plan an event to kick-start your team's fundraising. Get the kids involved – a 20 ounce water bottle full of dimes equals almost $100!
- Double Up! However your team is comprised - family and friends, co-workers, a group from your church or service club - encourage team members to ask their employers if they have a matching gift program.
Register as a Team Captain or Join an existing team TODAY , by clicking HERE!
Already registered and want to get in on the fun? Log in and "upgrade" your account to team captain!