Here are a few last-minute tips to help you make the most of our event:
- The address for Alpha Ridge Park: 11685 Old Frederick Rd, Marriottsville, MD 21104.
- The event is rain or shine. Accuweather is predicting a mostly sunny and pleasant day, with a high of 71 degrees – yay!
- Wear comfortable shoes, hat, and sunscreen. Our colors for the day are red, teal, and white, if you want to really go wild on your wardrobe. Walk t-shirts will be at check-in for those who raised $100 or more. (Because you’ve all been so successful, we may need to distribute some after the event.)
- Bring a chair or a blanket to enjoy our post-walk concert! (Seating in the pavilions is at picnic tables.)
- A map of the park can be found here. Registration and event festivities will be held in the pavilions, which are located at the first driveway to the left after entering the park.
- There will likely be other activities (sports) happening during our event. Parking is limited, so please carpool if possible.
- Lunch will be served after the walk. Please bring water and any other snacks you wish to enjoy.
- Dogs are welcome but must be well behaved, on leash, and under your control at all times.
- The schedule for the day:
- 10 am Check-In Opens
- 11 am Walk Begins (our walk is a short .67 miles of flat, paved walkway)
- 12 pm Celebration Lunch, Caregiver Ceremony - a chance for FSHD patients to acknowledge those who support them, and Entertainment by the Award-Winning Acoustic Trio Wicked Sycamore
- 2 pm That’s a Wrap!